In following CDC guidelines, members that are fully vaccinated (and are beyond the 14 day post vaccine incubation period) are not required to wear a mask while visiting HCU lobby locations. Individuals who have not been vaccinated need to continue to wear a mask indoors.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Heartland Credit Union lobbies are open for in-person appointments
While most account needs can be handled remotely, Heartland Credit Union knows sometimes it’s easier to stop in and work with an employee in-person. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 217-726-8877. Some items to book an appointment for include:
- Notary / Signature Guarantee
- Open Additional Accounts
- Insurance needs
- Investment needs
For basic teller transactions (check and cash deposits), members are required to use an HCU drive-thru.
To ensure the safety of all parties, members can expect to see the following precautionary measures in place during your next scheduled visit:
- Sneeze Guards –Plexiglass barriers will be installed at teller windows and all member contact offices.
- Masks / Face Coverings – We are requiring that all members wear masks while in the building. You’ll notice the HCU team wearing face coverings at all times.
- Social Distancing – Please use the floor markings to maintain at least six feet apart from others while inside.
- Occupancy Limits – We ask that you please limit yourself to only the person(s) necessary to perform the transaction. We reserve the right to limit the lobby occupancy if needed.
While Heartland Credit Union’s plan includes a phased approach to eventually open all member center lobbies, you can continue to use our drive-thrus, ATMs, and digital channels (online banking, mobile app, and mobile check deposit) to safely manage your money from a distance at any time. Our phone center will continue to be available at 217-726-8877 from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, and 9:00 am - 12:00 noon on Saturday.
Regulation D Update - The Federal Reserve Board on Friday announced an interim final rule to amend Regulation D (Reserve Requirements of Depository Institutions) to delete the six-per-month limit on convenient transfers from the "savings deposit" definition. The interim final rule allows depository institutions immediately to suspend enforcement of the six transfer limit and to allow their customers to make an unlimited number of convenient transfers and withdrawals from their savings deposits at a time when financial events associated with the coronavirus pandemic have made such access more urgent.
With the growing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we know this is a difficult time for many, and we are committed to doing what’s right for our members.
We're making some changes to support you during this time.
- Deferred payments for NEW (Direct or Indirect) Heartland Credit Union Auto financing. You can defer your payment for up to 90 days. During this time, finance charges will accrue, but you won't be charged any late fees. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Deferred payments for Existing Heartland Credit Union Auto loans for those affected by the COVID-19. You can defer your payment for up to 60 days. During this time, finance charges will accrue, but you won't be charged any late fees. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Emergency unsecured loan for those affected by the COVID-19 - 4.99% for 12 months with 90 days until first payment up to 1 month’s NET salary/wages. Member must provide the equivalent of 1 month current paystub. Other terms may be available at a higher rate. Terms and Conditions apply. Example Payment: 4.99% APR for a 12 month term is $86.33 per $1,000 borrowed (90 days deferred). Offer expires 4/30/2020.
We are committed to continuing to find more ways to help. If you need assistance, please reach out to Heartland Credit Union by calling 217-726-8877 to discuss all options that are available to you.
Our members health, and the health of our staff and the larger community, are our top priorities. Effective Tuesday, March 17th, 2020, all HCU locations will operate as drive-up only facilities.
During this time you can access your account information, pay bills, make loan payments, apply for new loans, view statements, and deposit checks using the following services:
Our phone center is available by calling 217-726-8877 or 1-800-397-9595 from 8:30 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday and 9:00 am-12:00 pm Saturdays.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will re-open our lobbies as soon as possible. Our Facebook and Twitter pages will also provide timely and ongoing updates.
Please contact us by calling 217-726-8877 or by email at Support2@hcu.org with any concerns or financial challenges so we can discuss ways to work through it together. Stay safe and healthy.